- 28 October: Labour Day (school closed)
- 29 October: Whānau hui
- 31 October: Whakanuia
- 1 November: Last day for senior students
- 4 November: Senior Prizegiving
- 7 November: Parents notified of outcome of out of zone ballot (Years 10-13 in 2020)
- 8 November: NCEA exams start
- 25 November: Board of Trustees meeting
- 3 December: NCEA exams end
- 6 December: Junior Prizegiving
- 6 December: End of Term 4
Whakanuia 2019: celebration of Māori achievement
Whakanuia 2019 takes place on 31 October in Taraika. All those who will be receiving awards have been personally invited to attend.
Invitation to Te Whānau a Taraika Term 4 hui
Nau mai, haere mai ki te hui; Te Whānau a Taraika.
We would like to invite everyone to our term 4 meeting for Te Whānau a Taraika. Tuesday 29 October, 6pm, at Hineakau (whare kai), Wellington High School. If you would like to, please feel free to bring a plate to share. All whānau welcome!
- Election of Te Whānau representative to WHS Board of Trustees. Nominations are invited for co-opted Te Whānau representative on Board of Trustees. If necessary, an election will be held by whānau members present at this hui.
- Kapa haka
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori report
- Invitation to Whakanuia Celebration, Thursday 31 October 6pm, at Taraika
- School branding project
- 2020 hui dates
- Any other business
For more information about Te Whānau a Taraika visit our page on the WHS website: http://www.whs.school.nz/te-whanau-a-taraika/
Ngā mihi nui
School Magazine payments reminder
A reminder that the last payments for the 2019 school magazine are due by 1 November. Please pay at Student Services or online.
VUW – Getting Sorted evening
We invite students and their whānau to come along to our Getting Sorted evening and learn about the key services at the University to help prepare for first year. Hear from our Student Finance team on fees-free study, Studylink, and budgeting. Students can also get help with course planning and enrolment.
- Date: Thursday 28 November 2019
- Time: 6–8 pm
- Location: Kelburn campus, Kelburn Parade, Wellington
Register here: https://go.victoria.ac.nz/information-evening.html
2019 Smart Alex Creative Writing award
Congratulations to Julia Randerson whose entry into the 2019 Smart Alex Creative Writing Competition has been awarded Highly Commended in the years 11-13 category. All winning and highly commended work, including Julia’s, can be found on the Friends of the Turnbull Library website: www.turnbullfriends.org.nz.
CSW Sportsperson of the Year finalists named
Congratulations to the following students who are finalists in the College Sport Wellington Sportsperson of the Year Awards. The awards ceremony will be held on Sunday 3 November at Te Rauparaha Arena, Porirua.
- Sophie Mance – Ultimate Frisbee NZ U20 Womens
- Amelia Mance – Ultimate Frisbee NZ U20 Womens
- Morgan O’Hara – Ultimate Frisbee NZ U20 Mens