The process for choosing next year’s courses starts in late August/early September each year. Our course choice booklets outline:
- Course content
- The learning focus for each course
- NCEA information
- Entry recommendations
Junior Curriculum Handbook 2021
For students in Years 9 and 10 the Junior curriculum handbook provides useful information regarding the courses and taster courses available and the pathways into NCEA.
Year 9 students do not make option choices at the start of Term 1. They take all eight taster courses during the year and make choices for languages later in the term.
Year 10 Course Choices 2021
- View / Download the PDF version: YEAR 10 COURSE CHOICE BOOKLET 2021 v2 (PDF)
Your student is invited to explore the options available. They will receive a copy of the planning sheet in rōpū and the planning sheet is also included as the last page in the booklet online. Choices can be made online in the Student Portal from Monday 14th September (note: this is earlier than reported in the email home). It would be appreciated if students can have their options entered by Sunday 20th September.
- You can also view the booklet by clicking on the image below.
Senior Course Choices 2021
Planning sheets for 2021 — updated on 28 January 2021 (version 7)
Senior Course Choices 2022
- Monday 16 August 2021— Future Focus Evening
- Tuesday 17 August 2021 – Student portal opens for preliminary course decisions
- Friday 27 August 2021 — Preliminary course decisions made via the Student Portal
- Friday 24 September 2021 — Learning Conversations
- Friday 17 September 2021 — Final course decisions made for 2022 – note earlier date
If you require further information about Maths course choices in Years 11-13 please see this video.