The process for choosing next year’s courses starts in late August/early September each year. Our course choice booklets outline:
- Course content
- The learning focus for each course
- NCEA information
- Entry recommendations
Senior Course Choices 2024
- WHS Senior Course Choices – 2024 (Updated: 07/08/2023)
Use these planning sheets to help you select one course per line. You can only choose one subject per timetable line.
- Year 11 Planning Sheet – 2024 (Updated: 12/09/2023)
- Year 12-13 Planning Sheet – 2024 (updated: 12/09/2023)
If you have a clash: circle the preferred subject in the correct line and add the other subject that is clashing in the ‘alternate’ column. Be prepared to drop one.
If you have more than one clash, add written notes explaining the clashes on the sheet and ask your rōpū teacher to pass the named sheet to Mrs Lewis.
- Monday 7 August 2023 – Future Focus evening
- Thursday 10 August 2023 – Google form for choices circulated
- Friday 17 August 2023 — Preliminary course decisions submitted to Google Form
- Thursday 24 August 2023 — Learning Conversations
- Friday 15 September 2023 — Final 2024 course decisions made
Year 10 Course Choices 2024
- Using the Year 10 Course Choice Booklet for 2024 students and whuāna are invited to explore the Year 10 option courses available next year.
- Instructions as to how to select Year 10 option courses for 2024 are detailed on page 15 of the Year 10 Course Choice Booklet.
- Choices can be made online in rōpū Google classrooms during week 8. Students will also need to submit a copy of the planning sheet from page 15 of the booklet.
- The deadline for completion: Monday 11 September.
- Year 11 pre-requisites sheet This information may help you think beyond Year 10 and into Year 11
Junior Whānau Guide – 2023
For students in Years 9 and 10 the Junior curriculum handbook provides useful information regarding the courses and taster courses available and the pathways into NCEA.
Year 9 students take all eight taster courses during the year and make choices for languages at the end of Term 1.