The process for choosing next year’s courses starts in late August/early September each year. Our course choice booklets outline:
- Course content
- The learning focus for each course
- NCEA information
- Entry recommendations
Senior Course Choices 2022
- Monday 16 August 2021— Future Focus Evening
- Tuesday 17 August 2021 – Student portal opens for preliminary course decisions
- Friday 27 August 2021 — Preliminary course decisions made via the Student Portal
- Friday 24 September 2021 — Learning Conversations
- Friday 24 September 2021 — Final course decisions made for 2022
If you require further information about Maths course choices in Years 11-13 please see this video
Use these planning sheets to help you select one course per line. You can only choose one subject per timetable line.
If you have a clash: circle the preferred subject in the correct line and add the other subject that is clashing in the ‘alternate’ column. Be prepared to drop one.
If you have more than one clash, add written notes explaining the clashes on the sheet and ask your rōpū teacher to pass it/email it to Mrs Lewis. Name your sheet.
- Year 11 planning sheet (updated 16 September 2021)
- Year 12 and 13 planning sheet (updated 20 September 2021)
Year 10 Course Choices 2022
- Using the Year 10 Course Choice Booklet for 2022 students and whānau are invited to explore the Year 10 option courses available next year.
- Instructions as to how to select Year 10 option courses for 2022 are detailed on page 15 of the Year 10 Course Choice Booklet.
- Choices can be made online in the Student Portal from Monday 20 September. Students will also need to submit a signed copy of the planning sheet from page 15 of the booklet.
- The deadline for completion: Wednesday 29 September.
Junior Curriculum Handbook 2021
For students in Years 9 and 10 the Junior curriculum handbook provides useful information regarding the courses and taster courses available and the pathways into NCEA.
Year 9 students do not make option choices at the start of Term 1. They take all eight taster courses during the year and make choices for languages later in the term.