The Board of Trustees and staff of Wellington High School are committed to providing quality education for all students in the school. There is a manageable roll figure that is determined by the physical resources of the school. Above this, the quality of education delivered to the students is diminished. The enrolment scheme aims to avoid overcrowding by restricting the number of students enrolled at the school.
For International fee-payers enrolment applications, please visit the international website.
You can enrol online or contact our enrolment officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 385 8911 ext 800 for a paper copy of the enrolment forms. In zone applications for 2023 and 2024 can be submitted at any time.
A copy of your student’s birth certificate or passport
A copy of your student’s last school report
A completed student reflection sheet
Proof of address – a power bill or tenancy agreement (no more than 3 months old)
Timeline for 2024 enrolments:
Year 9 (out of zone):
- 24 July – Closing date for applications into Year 9 for out of zone placements at WHS
- 31 July – Ballot for out of zone placements in Year 9 held at Wellington College
- 3 August – Parents notified of the outcome of the Year 9 out of zone ballot
- 17 August – Last date for acceptance of places offered via the ballot for out-of-zone applicants for Year 9 in 2024.
- 28 August – Out of zone enrolment interviews for students selected in Year 9 ballot.
Year 9-13 (in zone):
- 24 May – Applications for 2023 enrolment open
- 1 August – Please endeavour to have in zone Year 9 applications complete by this date
- 7 August – In zone enrolment interviews for Year 9 commence
- 23 October – In zone enrolment interviews for Year 10-13
Year 10-13 (out of zone):
- 16 October – Closing date for applications into Years 10-13 for out of zone placements at WHS
- 20 October – Ballot held for placements in Years 10-13 held at Wellington College
- 25 October – Parents notified of the outcome of the Year 10-13 out of zone ballot
- 8 November – Last date for acceptance of places offered via ballot for out-of-zone applicants for Years 10-13 in 2024
- 13 November – Out of zone enrolment interviews for Year 10-13