- Monday 6 November: NCEA Exams start
- Monday 13 November: Board meeting 6pm
- Tuesday 21 November: NCEA Teacher Only Day – School Closed
- Thursday 30 November: Enrolled Year 8 experience afternoon – school ends 12.00pm for Junior students
- Thursday 30 November: NCEA exams end
- Monday 4 December: Normal Junior timetable resumes
- Monday 11 December: Board meeting 6pm
- Wednesday 13 December: Junior Prizegiving 10am
- Wednesday 13 December: Term ends 12.00pm
Cafeteria on Kindo
Taka Kai – WHS’s canteen is online via the Kindo app. You can order lunch or snacks for your students and save the need for students needing cards or cash.
- Create your myKindo account and/or login by scanning the QR code
- Select the date/s you want to order for and purchase for morning tea or lunch. Kindo is online 24/7 to take your orders with lunchtime orders closing at 12pm each day in time for food to be prepared.
- Collect using the ‘Click & Collect’ fast lane at the canteen
Final Assemblies and Senior Celebration Evening
Thank you to those who attended the Final Assemblies last week and the Senior Celebration Evening for Year 13s on Monday. These were events of celebration and recognition, where our students were acknowledged for their remarkable hard work and achievements. The inspiring speeches from our Principal, Dominic Killalea, and The Honourable James Shaw left a lasting impact, encouraging our Year 13 students to embark on their unique journeys towards a purposeful future. We were also treated to exceptional performances by our kapa haka and various musical groups.
You can view more photos of these events on the school website.
Senior Art Exhibition
The WHS people’s choice award is an opportunity for the staff, students and whanau who attended the Senior Art Exhibition to vote for their favourite senior portfolio. There is one recipient per year level and the student with the most votes at each year level receives recognition for their efforts and an art pack from National Art Supplies.
The winners for the WHS People’s Choice Award 2023 are:
- Year 13: Holly Bowman, level 3 Painting
- Year 12: Claire Waterson, level 2 Painting
- Year 11: Ruby Atkinson, level 1 Art
Ākonga went on a class trip this week to a local cafe to practise ordering kai and using cash or eftpos, followed by learning how to make conversation. Seniors worked in the garden preparing herbs and juniors practised writing sentences in literacy.