End of term message from Principal Dominic Killalea.
Get your Weekly WHS Wrapup here. Important Dates, SAC Volunteers and Student Achievements
Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose, filmed at Wellington High School and featuring some of our students, will premiere on THREEnow Monday 18 September. It..
Wellington High School is the location for the webseries turned TV series “Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose”. Season Two starts on Monday 18th September…
The petition run by WHS students is doing well but still needs your support.
Catch up on the weekly news.
Youth digital scholarship applications are open now and close 15 September The Youth Digital Enterprise Award (the Award) is designed to provide..
There will be 4 classes in tertiary transition skills for Year 13 students planning to go on to tertiary study. These are being held for the..
Don’t forget that is it “FUTURE FOCUS” this afternoon from 3.45pm – 5.45pm.
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3, W10) - PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE The end of Term 3 message from Dominic Killalea is now online. Read it here. IMPORTANT DATES Friday 29 September Last day of term 3 Monday 16 October First day of term 4 Monday 30 October Board of Trustees meeting Tuesday 31 October Sports prizegiving Thursday 2 November Whakanuia Friday 3 November Last day […]
- Weekly Wrap Up Term 3 Weeks 8 & 9 -
- Weekly Wrap Up (W6&7/T3) - IMPORTANT DATES 12 September Year 13 Well-being day 15 – 21 September Simply Dental on site 18 September Board of Trustees Meeting 20 September Learning Conversations 2 TERTIARY TRANSITION SKILLS The library is hosting classes in tertiary transition skills for Year 13 students planning to go on to tertiary study. Universities are telling us […]
- Project Glow Wear Competition - Kylie Merrick from WHS fashion department entered a competition, and now we need some votes. The most votes wins! Here is the link to the Facebook voting for Kylie’s jacket. https://www.facebook.com/ProjectGlowWear/photos/a.468839876808457.1073741834.237396196619494/470142056678239/?type=3&theater The jacket was entered into the Project Glow Wear competition that was being run by the Wgtn Greater City Council. The competition criteria was […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (W4, T3) - IMPORTANT DATES 25 – 31 August Senior Exams – Senior Exams Timetable 2017 – updated & Senior Exams 2017 – Instructions to students 25 August NZQA Fees due (see below) 1 September Mid-term Break 4 September Future Focus Evening 4 – 8 September Winter Tournament Week 8 September Initial 2018 Course Choices for Year 11 – […]
- Future Focus Event - WHS Main Block 4 September 2017 3:45pm-5:45pm You can find full event details and a map at this link: FUTURE FOCUS EVENT
- CANCELLED – Sports Exchange - Unfortunately, due to the weather, we have had to cancel the sports exchange with Newlands College. Students are expected to attend school as usual.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3, W1 & W2) - IMPORTANT DATES 7 August Blank Canvas Exhibition 25 – 31 August Senior Exams – 2017 Senior Exams Timetable Here 1 September Mid-term Break 4 September Future Focus Evening 4 – 8 September Winter Tournament Week 20 September Learning Conversations 2 SCHOLARSHIPS DATABASE Wellington High School students can access this database for FREE, but only from a […]
- Exam Preparation Booklet - With school exams coming up, students and families may find this booklet useful for the preparation for these. Exam Prep Booklet.doc
- 2017 SPORT AND CULTURAL PHOTOS - Tuesday 1st August 9.45am onwards in the Riley Centre Students need to be in the Riley at the stated time in the table below All students need to bring their Sports Uniform Timetable for Sports and Cultural Photos
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W10) - PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE Principal, Dominic Killalea, will be doing regular messages to families on our new website page “Principal’s Message”. You can read his first message here.
- Volunteer Reader/Writers Needed - We are calling for volunteers to be Reader/Writers for our students with Special Assessment Conditions in their practice exams. This year we have over 80 students with Special Assessment Conditions. The practice exams are being held from Friday 25th to Thursday 31st August. If you would like to help our students achieve their full potential by […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W4) - Teacher Only Day On Friday 2 June there is a teacher-only day which means there will be no classes for Wellington High School students. Students are expected to work on their learning at home. Monday 5 June is Queen’s Birthday which makes it a four-day weekend for students. The teacher only day is a Wellington […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W3) - Important Dates 23 May – 26 May Simply Dental on site 23 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 30 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 2 June Teacher Only Day – SCHOOL CLOSED 5 June Queen’s Birthday – SCHOOL CLOSED 12 June Open Evening 7 July Last […]
- Daniel Baldwin (1997 – 2017) - We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Wellington High School student, Daniel Baldwin. Daniel passed away on Wednesday night after an accident on the rugby field last weekend. Daniel graduated from Wellington High School in 2015 and was a much-loved member of our community, who particularly excelled in the outdoors and loved […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W2) - Important Dates 15 – 19 May Shakespeare Society Production 15 May Board of Trustees Meeting 22 May – 26 May Simply Dental on site 23 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 30 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 2 June Teacher Only Day – SCHOOL CLOSED 5 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W1) - Important Dates 15 – 19 May Shakespeare Society Production 15 May Board of Trustees Meeting 22 May – 26 May Simply Dental on site 23 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 30 May Contributing Schools Visit – no late start, early finish 2 June Teacher Only Day – SCHOOL CLOSED 5 […]
- Contributing Schools Visit - As part of our enrolment process for 2018, we invite students from contributing schools to spend an afternoon at Wellington High School. There is a change in timetable for our students on those days. This means that students do not miss any valuable class time. Please take note of this change below: Tuesday 23 May […]
- Outdoor Education Beach Day - This event, for Year 11/12/13 students, will go ahead tomorrow 10 April 2017. Meet at 9 am at Worser Bay. Remember warm clothes, food and water.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W10) - Deputy Principal Announcement The Board of Trustees and the senior leadership team, have been working through the process of appointing a new Deputy Principal This vacancy was created by the appointment of Dominic Killalea as Principal. After a rigorous interview process, including student panel, we are pleased to announce that Karen Spencer has been appointed. […]