Now in its 5th year national writing competition for secondary students,Write Off Line 2016, kicks off today, offering students an opportunity..
The Wellington High Schools’ Model European Union is a new addition to the High School programme and one that aims to help students further..
WHS is the location for the filming of a webseries called Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose. Most of the filming has been happening over the holidays but..
Our awhina group meet every Thursday after school, in the Library. All students who want some help with homework or who need some quiet, focussed..
Namaste from the WHS group in Nepal
Last week of Term 1 and we’ve wrapped it up. Have a fantastic holidays everyone!
Cook Strait News report on our fantastic physics team.
Parent Teacher Interviews for Senior Students are today from 3.30pm. All interviews are held in our Riley Centre (hall). Please remember parking..
Parent Teacher Interviews for Junior Students are today from 3.30pm. All interviews are held in our Riley Centre (hall). Please remember parking..
Wellington High School Relay for Life team are ready to take on the challenge!
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W11) - Important Dates 2 May : First day of Term 2 6 May : Nominations Open for Board of Trustee Election 16 – 20 May : Shakespeare Society Production 24 May: Altered timetable for contributing schools visit 31 May : Altered timetable for SWIS Visit 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 7 June : Year 11 Drama […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W10) - Wellington High School has managed to squeeze a lot into the second to last week of Term 1. IMPORTANT DATES 11 April : JUNIOR Parent/Teacher Evening 12 April : Year 10 Touch Tournament. […]
- Island Bay Bus #726 Change - From Monday 11th April 2016, the #726 will will depart Island Bay – Reef Street stop at 7.55am. This change means that the timing for all stops will change to be 10 minutes earlier than current. New trip times will show on www.metlink.org.nz and electronic information boards from Thursday 14th April 2016.
- Junior Dance - Wellington High School’s Ball Committee is organising a Junior Dance to provide a social event for Year 9 and 10 students and to raise money for the senior ball this year. The dance will be held on the Friday 8th April in the Riley Centre. Tickets are $8 and there will also be the opportunity […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W7) - Baristas at Learning Conversations – 24 March 2016 Our student Baristas will be in the foyer doing hot drinks from 10.30am. Only $3.50! Snapper Top Up The school cafe is no longer offering snapper top ups. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Congratulations Rebecca Heath, who works in Base One, is now a NZ representative for the Special […]
- Board of Trustees Newsletter & Elections - The Board of Trustees newsletter for the start of Term One, 2016 is now available. Board Of Trustees Newsletter is an update on what has been happening at WHS from a Board perspective. With the triennial elections for Trustees, the Board is keen to get the school community thinking about standing for this very important role […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W6) - Learning Conversations & Important Dates Don’t forget to book your Learning Conversation. An email was sent out to all parents on 8 March 2016, with full information about this and with the booking code. If you haven’t received this, please check that the email hasn’t been filtered into spam or contact email@example.com 24 March : […]
- Evacuation – ALL CLEAR - Just before lunchtime Wellington High School, along with a number of other schools around the country, received another automated bomb threat. As students were all in class, the procedure for in class evacuation was enacted and the police were called. The police gave the all clear, students were dismissed from the evacuation collection point for […]
- MEDIA RELEASE: Gender Neutral Toilets - MEDIA RELEASE Gender Neutral Toilets
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W5) - We are coming up to half way through Term 1 already and the school is humming along busily. Important Dates On Monday 7 March, we are holding a SOLO curriculum information evening for junior school families. Your invitation should have arrived in the post. We look forward to seeing you here. On 24 March we […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W4) - Week four at WHS has flown past with everyone settled in and working hard. Monday night saw Year 9 whanau attend a meet the teachers and information evening . This was a valuable evening and was very well attended. Junior students also sat their PATs on Monday and Tuesday. Next week, the second round of […]
- Year 9 Camp Photos 2016 -
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W3) - Our first full week at school and it is a very busy campus. BUSES Route 726 has been delivering students late on a regular basis due to a number of factors. There are changes pending for this bus route (early leaving time) however this is still many weeks away. The Island Bay end of day bus […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W2) - Emergency Plan Reminder We started our week with a little bit of an earthquake. It was a timely reminder to all families to review the procedures. There is more information here http://www.whs.school.nz/earthquake-resilience/
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W1) - The Weekly Wrap up contains all the goings on around the school from the previous week and also gives you some upcoming events to diary as well. You can also keep up to date with us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whswellington/ and Twitter. Term & Important Term 1 Dates Term dates for 2016 can be found here and the […]
- Year 9s trip to Scorching Bay is going ahead! - The trip is going ahead today (9/12). See you there at 10am!
- Weekly Wrap Up (W5/T4) - The first full week of NZQA exams have been completed. Students, please don’t forget to bring your exam slips as they are required to enter the exam. The timetable for exams can be found here. Year 9 and Year 10 students will be going off timetable in Weeks 7 & 8 for our annual […]
- Senior Prizegiving Awards - Senior Prizegiving 2015 was a wonderful celebration of the achievements of the Senior Students. The Senior Prizegiving 2015 Award Winners document is full list of awards and winners for you to download and keep. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W3) - Week 3 was the final week of school for Seniors before study leave and exams. You can read more about the last day in this Wrap Up. Senior Prizegiving is tonight, 6pm in the Riley Centre. While you are visiting the school, you can have a look at the Senior Art portfolio exhibition. In this […]
- Art Department Exhibition 2015 -