We have been cleared by the police and school has resumed.
Wellington High School has been swiftly and safely evacuated after a bomb threat. One of many received in central regions. Waiting for police..
Owlsca and Roody have arrived in Auckland and they will begin their journey tomorrow.
Our Junior Girls Futsal team are in the final. They play on Friday 2 December at the ASB Sports Centre at 7pm. Get along and support them!
Community Education here at WHS have updated their look! Check it out and while you’re there….book a course! They make fantastic Christmas..
The weekly wrap up is back after a quake/flooding hiatus.
WHS student Reuben showcasing his magic at Bats.
We are looking for a homestay for a Mandarin Language Assistant next year. The Language Assistant is a graduate from Xiamen University who will..
Eva is a student from WHS who is terminally ill and she is dedicating her time now to raising $50,000 for sexual abuse/assault prevention. There..
If you have been to WHS in the last week you will have noticed that a number of our carparks have been coned off. These are directly in front..
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W7) - IMPORTANT DATES 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last Day for Juniors (finish at midday) You can keep up to date with the school calendar HERE And you can plan for next year with Term Dates 2017 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W5) - IMPORTANT DATES 9 November : NCEA Exams begin 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last […]
- Carparking at WHS - If you have been to WHS in the last week you will have noticed that a number of our carparks have been coned off. These are directly in front of a portion of Massey’s building that has not been given the ok after the earthquake. PLEASE do not move the cones in order to park.
- Derived Grades Process - For those students unable to sit the examinations yesterday due to the earthquake closure the following information is important: WHS will handle the derived grade process for students affected by the closure. You will not need to complete an application. The grades reported will be derived from work completed during the year in quality assured […]
- FLOODING 15/11/16 – monitoring the situation - We are monitoring the situation and as all roads have been swiftly closed, we are keeping students warm, dry and happily working here at school. We are hoping that the water dissipates before the end of the school day. No Year 9 or 10 student will be dismissed early without parental permission for their own […]
- SCHOOL OPEN – EXAMS RUNNING - Engineers have inspected the building and determined only superficial damage. School and exams will resume as scheduled tomorrow. As it is Tuesday, Years 9 & 10 will start at 10am. NCEA exams will run again as scheduled. Thank you for all your patience and understanding.
- SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS ON TODAY : UPDATE #4 - SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS UPDATE: Scholarship exams are NOT ON today. This has been recently updated by NZQA. Do NOT go into any other building. Please let any others know. NO EXAMS ARE BEING HELD. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/news/ncea-and-new-zealand-scholarships/
- EARTHQUAKE UPDATE # 2 : SCHOOL CLOSED - The Ministry of Education has advised that all Wellington schools in the CBD are to be closed today. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/86417602/earthquake-schools-universities-closed We will keep you updated in regards to the NCEA exams that were supposed to be occurring today. Please do not phone the school as the systems are all overloaded. Please email email@example.com if you need […]
- EARTHQUAKE UPDATE #1 - WHS buildings have been checked outside and seem to be ok. We will be conducting more thorough checks at first light. Please keep an eye on the website, Facebook page and Twitter feed for updated information. If you are sitting NCEA exams, we are waiting for more information about a national response to this event. […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W4) - IMPORTANT DATES 3 November : Whakanuia 4 November : Last Day for Seniors 7 November : Senior Prizegiving 9 November : NCEA Exams begin 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : […]
- Sportsperson of the Year Awards - Last night four Wellington High School students were nominated for College Sport Wellington Sportsperson of the Year in their sports. We are very proud of their achievements and their nominations. Lawrence and Qona were named Sportsperson of the Year in their categories. Lawrence was chosen in the U19 New Zealand Development Volleyball team. Qona was […]
- Whakanuia 2016 -
- Media Studies Showcase 2016 - The showcase is to be held at the Nga Taonga National Film Archive, Taranaki Street, Wellington at 2pm. GOLD COIN entry. Media Studies Showcase Programme 2016
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W2) - LAST DAY FOR SENIORS 4 November 2017 The arrangements for the day are as follows: Year 11 : Period 1 – 4 as normal. Assembly at 2.30pm Year 12 : No classes. Only come in for 10am end of year assembly. Dismissed afterwards. Year 13 : No classes. Only come in for Leaving Assembly at […]
- WHS Exams 2016 – All you need to know - This Page will contain all the information you need to know about your Exams at WHS. Keep this page bookmarked for future reference. This will be updated as required. Click here for General WHS NCEA Information, FAQ, Uni Entrance, Timetable, Forms. Junior Exam Information Year 9 Junior Exams Information Pack 2016 Year 10 Junior […]
- Term Dates 2017 - These are the dates for 2017 as defined by the Ministry of Education. Our start dates will be as follows: TERM ONE 30 January (staggered start)- Thursday 13 April 30 January – Year 9 students ONLY 31 January – New Year 10 -13 & Year 9 students 1 February – All students Waitangi Day, Monday […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W1) - Welcome to Term 4. This is always a busy term with prizegivings, exams, short courses and Christmas looming. Please keep an eye on the important dates each week as well as the school calendar. IMPORTANT DATES 17 October : Music Evening 17 October : Board of Trustees Meeting 31 October : Senior Art Exhibition […]
- BUILDING WORK AROUND WHS - Building work is beginning around the school this week. Security fencing is going affect some access. Please keep in mind this may cause delays if you are coming into school at any point.
- Irene van Dyk to coach netball at Wellington High School - In 1914, Wellington High School became the first school to recognise netball as an organised sport for girls. More than 100 years later, world-class netballer Irene van Dyk is preparing to give netball at Wellington High School a boost. Van Dyke has volunteered her time to coach teams at the secondary school in 2017. Van […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3, W7) - Ski Trip As you may have seen in the media, we had a group of students and staff who had to stay an extra night on an outdoor education/physical education ski trip to Tukino Ski Field due to a large snowfall. The students had a wonderful time, despite very little skiing. This is a good […]