We are looking for a coach for our 2nd XI Boys Football team. They play on Saturdays and can have practice time either on Monday after school..
Play by Play, New Zealand’s premier international games festival, is putting on a free careers information night for high school students potentially..
Week 8 Weekly Wrap Up. Have a good weekend everyone.
Our DVC Lego Architecture Club is looking for some donations of Lego. If you have any just collecting dust, please consider donating it. It can..
Our WHS 1 Junior Boys Futsal team are in the finals for their Div 2 game against Onslow College. Friday at 7.45pm at the ASB Sports Centre. Get..
Traffic is causing delays this morning and so we are expecting lots of late students. Don’t worry about phoning lateness in this morning.
It’s Friday so that means Weekly Wrap Up.
Learning conversations are coming up on Tuesday 4 April 2017 BOOK AT: http://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/ Code: umm7x All students are to be involved..
The WHS Art Dept is looking for some donations of art materials, specifically newspaper, ice cream containers, barbie dolls and old sewing machines..
It is week 6 already. The weekly wrap up is here.
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W8) - Important Dates 4 April Learning Conversations 5 April Otago University Maths Competition 13 April Last Day of Term 1 1 May First day of Term 2 3 May Junior Parent Teacher Interviews 8 May Senior Parent Teacher Interviews 15 – 19 May Shakespeare Society Production Congratulations Special Olympics Massive congratulations to Rebecca Heath, WHS teacher […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W7) - Important Dates 4 April Learning Conversations 5 April Otago University Maths Competition 13 April Last Day of Term 1 1 May First day of Term 2 3 May Junior Parent Teacher Interviews 8 May Senior Parent Teacher Interviews Learning Conversations – Tuesday 4 April BOOK AT: http://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/ Code: umm7x All students are to be involved in […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W6) - Important Dates 14 March Junior Girls Netball Trials 14 March CSW Western Zone Athletics 15 & 17 March Senior Girls Netball Trials 4 April Learning Conversations 5 April Otago University Maths Competition 13 April Last Day of Term 1 1 May First day of Term 2 3 May Junior Parent Teacher Interviews 8 May Senior […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W5) - Important Dates 6 March Year 9 Noho Marae (second group) 7 & 8 March Boys Football Trials 14 March Junior Girls Netball Trials 14 March CSW Western Zone Athletics 15 & 17 March Senior Girls Netball Trials 4 April Learning Conversations 5 April Otago University Maths Competition 13 April Last Day of Term 1 1 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W4) - Important Dates 27 February Te Whanau a Taraika Hui 2 March Athletics Day 4 April Learning Conversations 6 March Year 9 Noho Marae (second group) 14 March Junior Girls Netball Trials 15 & 17 March Senior Girls Netball Trials 13 April Last Day of Term 1 Lost Property We have quite the collection of lost […]
- Athletics Carnival 2017 - ATHLETICS CARNIVAL – Thursday 2nd March On Thursday 2nd March we are holding our annual WHS Athletics Carnival Day at Newtown Park. This is a full school event and all students should be in attendance. We appreciate your support in this. Further information about Athletics Carnival can be found HERE
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W2) - NCEA SCHOLARSHIP RESULTS Wellington High School students attained 30 scholarships including 3 Outstanding Scholarships at last year’s NCEA exams. 20 students received the awards across 14 different subjects. Each scholarship award is worth $500 towards study in New Zealand and 3 of our students attained 3 scholarships which entitle them to $2000 a year for three […]
- School Photos Timetable - Students have been given envelopes for ordering school photos. These need to remain with the student until they come to the Riley Centre for their photo. Photos can be paid for after the event. Portrait photos must be taken on the day. Wednesday 8th February Period 1 Year 10 Interval Year 10 to continue if […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W1) - We hope that everyone has had a smooth start to 2017. We certainly enjoyed the powhiri for all our new students and their whanau. This wrap up will happen each week to keep you up to date with what is coming up and what we’ve been doing. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and […]
- Junior Stationery Lists - After a lot of feedback, we have generated a list accessible outside of the myschool.co.nz site. You can find them here: Year 9 Stationery List 2017 Year 10 Stationery List 2017
- First Day Checklist – Year 9 - Monday 30 January is the first day for all Year 9s in 2017. They will need: Pen/paper Packed lunch (there will be no cafeteria open and no going off site for Year 9s) Bus money (if needed) Below are some final details for you to remember: Parking, Access and Powhiri Parking will be tight so […]
- Start Dates & Times for 2017 - Monday 30 January – Year 9 Only 8.45am for a 9am powhiri at our marae. Whānau, caregivers, parents are all welcome. Tuesday 31 January – Students in Years 10-13 who are NEW to WHS and all Year 9 students New students start at 8.45am for a 9am powhiri at our marae. Whānau, caregivers, parents are all welcome. […]
- GET WET SHORT COURSE Friday 9/12/16 - Due to the tsunami warning that may cause unpredictable currents/tides after the Solomon’s quake this morning, we are moving this course to be out of the water. Please still meet at Worser Bay and the course will run from there (on land). If the warning is lifted, the programme will be adjusted again.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W7) - IMPORTANT DATES 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last Day for Juniors (finish at midday) You can keep up to date with the school calendar HERE And you can plan for next year with Term Dates 2017 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W5) - IMPORTANT DATES 9 November : NCEA Exams begin 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last […]
- Carparking at WHS - If you have been to WHS in the last week you will have noticed that a number of our carparks have been coned off. These are directly in front of a portion of Massey’s building that has not been given the ok after the earthquake. PLEASE do not move the cones in order to park.
- Derived Grades Process - For those students unable to sit the examinations yesterday due to the earthquake closure the following information is important: WHS will handle the derived grade process for students affected by the closure. You will not need to complete an application. The grades reported will be derived from work completed during the year in quality assured […]
- FLOODING 15/11/16 – monitoring the situation - We are monitoring the situation and as all roads have been swiftly closed, we are keeping students warm, dry and happily working here at school. We are hoping that the water dissipates before the end of the school day. No Year 9 or 10 student will be dismissed early without parental permission for their own […]
- SCHOOL OPEN – EXAMS RUNNING - Engineers have inspected the building and determined only superficial damage. School and exams will resume as scheduled tomorrow. As it is Tuesday, Years 9 & 10 will start at 10am. NCEA exams will run again as scheduled. Thank you for all your patience and understanding.
- SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS ON TODAY : UPDATE #4 - SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS UPDATE: Scholarship exams are NOT ON today. This has been recently updated by NZQA. Do NOT go into any other building. Please let any others know. NO EXAMS ARE BEING HELD. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/news/ncea-and-new-zealand-scholarships/