Oscar Thomas, recent WHS graduate, has a vision for Frank Kitts Park and it’s won recognition. Read more about it here http://www.whs.school.nz/outstanding-design-visual-communication-scholar/
School exams are pending. The timetable can be found below. Don’t forget to follow up any clashes as soon as possible with Mr Killalea. http://www.whs.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/WHS-Senior-Exam-TT2015.pdf
Kaiya Waerea, who graduated from WHS last year, has seen her dreams become reality. Read more about her exceptional achievement here: http://www.whs.school.nz/fashion-student-high-flying-dreams-become-reality/
You can find our latest newsletter at http://www.whs.school.nz/newsletters/
Well done Ciara for being such a wonderful member of the WHS whanau and to Samrawit for her success in Australia.
WHS is proud to be hosting this Sample TedX event next Friday 31 July 2015. For more details see: http://www.whs.school.nz/ted-talks-sample-event-at-wellington-high/
WHS student Qona Christie’s Olympic dream is one step closer.
Junior School parent teacher interviews are this Thursday. If you need the link information, please contact email@example.com or phone 04 3858911
The blank canvas exhibition is on from Wednesday to Friday next week. Check the image below for more details. All artwork featured in the exhibition..
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Outstanding Design Visual Communication Scholar - Congratulations go to Oscar Thomas who also graduated from WHS at the end of last year. He was awarded a Outstanding Scholarship in Design Visual Communication with his work on his architectural redesigning Frank Kitts park area. This work was on display in the DVC exhibition at WHS last year and now you too can […]
- Fashion Student high flying dreams become reality - Congratulations to Kaiya Waerea, WHS graduate of 2014, who has been accepted into the world renowned fashion design University, Central Saint Martins, in London. CSM is the worlds leading innovator in fashion education and ranked number one in the world of fashion universities. This is a outstanding accomplishment as it is the hardest University to […]
- Ted Talks – Sample Event at Wellington High! - Wellington High is hosting a Sample TedX Event! Next Friday (31st) in the Library at Lunchtime. Anyone Welcome! Featuring 3 amazing speakers from the recent TedXWellingtonWomen conference: Elizabeth (Loo) Connor Director of ‘The Kinship'; Masters in Science Communication from Imperial College in London, Prime ministers Award for Science 2 Pip Desmond Founder of Aroha Trust, […]
- School Practice Exam Timetable – Week 5 Term 3 - Practice exams for NCEA externals at the end of the year will be run in week 5 of term 3 (Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August). There will be no classes for students in years 11 to 13 during this week. If a student has an exam clash they should contact Mr Killalea as […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W10) -
- Nepal Fundraiser – Family Portrait Offer - Local photographer and WHS parent, Sandy Connon, has joined forces with the school to raise money for Nepal. Book your family portrait with her now and support this very important cause.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W9) - With two weeks left in the term, Week 9 picked up the pace and saw a lot happening around the school.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W8) - Week 8 at WHS was busy in all areas of the school.
- Open Evening Itinerary 2016 - 6pm Riley Centre Mihi Whakatau Te Whānau A Taraika Board Chair Dr Ganesh Nana Principal Nigel Hanton Year 9s Zuni Preece and Thomas Hackett 6.25 Tour of Wellington High School Your guides will take you around our school according to aprescribed route. If there’s a learning area you’re desperate to see, please let your guide […]
- Sports and Cultural Photos 2015 - 2015 SPORT AND CULTURAL PHOTOS Tuesday 23rd June 9.45am onwards in the Old Gym Students need to be in the Old Gym at the stated Report Time All students need to bring their Sports Uniform Click here for the Sports and Cultural photos 2015 Timetable
- Outward Bound Scholarship Awarded - Outward Bound, located in the Marlborough Sounds, helps you reach your full potential through challenge in the outdoors. Our classrooms are the mountains, bush and waterways of this special part of New Zealand. We welcome people of all ages, cultures, abilities and backgrounds to our school at Anakiwa. Year 13 WHS student, Hunter Connon, has […]
- Update from Nepal Orphanage - WHS has a strong connection to an orphanage in Nepal. This is an email update that teacher Bharat Pancha received over the weekend regarding how they are faring after the earthquake. Dear Bharat, Good luck for the music evening. From your donation so far we gave 80 sets of T-shirts and half pants for 80 […]
- Geography Trip to Rotorua - Senior Geography went to Rotorua last week to investigate the spatial and temporal patterns of tourism in Rotorua. They took part in a range of tourist activites and spent time interviewing the locals about issues related to tourism. Lots of fun had by all!
- Nepal 2015 - Some photos of WHS Annual Student trip to Nepal. Please keep an eye out for upcoming fundraising events that the school will be holding to help the community we are involved with after the earthquake.
- Japan 2015 – Trip Report - Twelve students and two teachers spent the Easter holidays and the first week of Term 2 in Japan. The first two weeks were spent visiting Tokyo, Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Kyoto and Osaka where students saw some amazing things and participated in some unique experiences from the Amazing Race in Tokyo, to decorating boxes with gold leaf in […]
- Culinary Silver Medalists - Under intense scrutiny from industry judges Tiana Wakefield and Luca Scognamiglio (with Tinei Taiaoga in stand in supporting role) produced four entrees and mains (in 90 mins) at the recent NZ Secondary Schools Culinary Competition. They showed considerable poise, skill and teamwork and came away with a silver medal.
- NZ Linguistics Olympiad - This year, for the first time, the New Zealand Linguistics Society is holding a New Zealand Linguistics Olympiad. In the Olympiad, students use language data to solve logic problems. No knowledge of the language is needed and the problems can be in languages from Estonian to Elder Futhark Runes. WHS student Anna Liu, Year 9, […]
- Wellington High School Shakespeare Society 2015 Presents… -
- Kapa Haka at Commemoration - WHS Kapa Haka were proud ambassadors for the school at the recent Anzac commemorations. Their smart new uniforms and stirring performance drew lots of comments.
- Judo Gold! - Qona Christie picked up three medals, including two golds, at the Oceania judo championships in Noumea. She won gold in the cadet women’s under-52kg and also won a team gold. Fantastic result, Qona. Congratulations!