The Weekly Wrap Up is here. http://www.whs.school.nz/weeklywrapup/weekly-wrap-up-t1-w4/
Athletics Carnival is coming up!
We have noticed a huge increase in the number of students who are late to first period due to traffic (this affects bus students as well). Please..
SHORT TERM HOMESTAYS NEEDED FOR JAPANESE STUDENTS March 10th to 22nd A group of 11 and 12-year-old students will be attending SWIS for 12 days…
The Board of Trustees for Wellington High School and Community Education Centre, Te Kura Tuarua o Taraika ki Pukeahu, is delighted to have appointed..
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHS To pay for class photographs online ($14.00) please go to http://www.schoolmemories.co.nz Select Wellington High School Fill out..
The Weekly Wrap Up is here. End of week three already. http://www.whs.school.nz/weeklywrapup/weekly-wrap-up-t1-w3/
Check out the Weekly Wrap Up http://www.whs.school.nz/weeklywrapup/weekly-wrap-up-t1-w2/
Scholarship Results 2016 Wellington High School students attained 30 scholarships including 3 Outstanding Scholarships at last year’s NCEA..
Year 9 Whanau Information Evening reminder. Date: Thursday 9th February Time: 6pm start, probably finished about 7.00 – 7.10pm Where: The Riley..
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W4) - Important Dates 27 February Te Whanau a Taraika Hui 2 March Athletics Day 4 April Learning Conversations 6 March Year 9 Noho Marae (second group) 14 March Junior Girls Netball Trials 15 & 17 March Senior Girls Netball Trials 13 April Last Day of Term 1 Lost Property We have quite the collection of lost […]
- Athletics Carnival 2017 - ATHLETICS CARNIVAL – Thursday 2nd March On Thursday 2nd March we are holding our annual WHS Athletics Carnival Day at Newtown Park. This is a full school event and all students should be in attendance. We appreciate your support in this. Further information about Athletics Carnival can be found HERE
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W2) - NCEA SCHOLARSHIP RESULTS Wellington High School students attained 30 scholarships including 3 Outstanding Scholarships at last year’s NCEA exams. 20 students received the awards across 14 different subjects. Each scholarship award is worth $500 towards study in New Zealand and 3 of our students attained 3 scholarships which entitle them to $2000 a year for three […]
- School Photos Timetable - Students have been given envelopes for ordering school photos. These need to remain with the student until they come to the Riley Centre for their photo. Photos can be paid for after the event. Portrait photos must be taken on the day. Wednesday 8th February Period 1 Year 10 Interval Year 10 to continue if […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1, W1) - We hope that everyone has had a smooth start to 2017. We certainly enjoyed the powhiri for all our new students and their whanau. This wrap up will happen each week to keep you up to date with what is coming up and what we’ve been doing. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and […]
- Junior Stationery Lists - After a lot of feedback, we have generated a list accessible outside of the myschool.co.nz site. You can find them here: Year 9 Stationery List 2017 Year 10 Stationery List 2017
- First Day Checklist – Year 9 - Monday 30 January is the first day for all Year 9s in 2017. They will need: Pen/paper Packed lunch (there will be no cafeteria open and no going off site for Year 9s) Bus money (if needed) Below are some final details for you to remember: Parking, Access and Powhiri Parking will be tight so […]
- Start Dates & Times for 2017 - Monday 30 January – Year 9 Only 8.45am for a 9am powhiri at our marae. Whānau, caregivers, parents are all welcome. Tuesday 31 January – Students in Years 10-13 who are NEW to WHS and all Year 9 students New students start at 8.45am for a 9am powhiri at our marae. Whānau, caregivers, parents are all welcome. […]
- GET WET SHORT COURSE Friday 9/12/16 - Due to the tsunami warning that may cause unpredictable currents/tides after the Solomon’s quake this morning, we are moving this course to be out of the water. Please still meet at Worser Bay and the course will run from there (on land). If the warning is lifted, the programme will be adjusted again.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W7) - IMPORTANT DATES 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last Day for Juniors (finish at midday) You can keep up to date with the school calendar HERE And you can plan for next year with Term Dates 2017 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W5) - IMPORTANT DATES 9 November : NCEA Exams begin 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning) 14 December : Last […]
- Carparking at WHS - If you have been to WHS in the last week you will have noticed that a number of our carparks have been coned off. These are directly in front of a portion of Massey’s building that has not been given the ok after the earthquake. PLEASE do not move the cones in order to park.
- Derived Grades Process - For those students unable to sit the examinations yesterday due to the earthquake closure the following information is important: WHS will handle the derived grade process for students affected by the closure. You will not need to complete an application. The grades reported will be derived from work completed during the year in quality assured […]
- FLOODING 15/11/16 – monitoring the situation - We are monitoring the situation and as all roads have been swiftly closed, we are keeping students warm, dry and happily working here at school. We are hoping that the water dissipates before the end of the school day. No Year 9 or 10 student will be dismissed early without parental permission for their own […]
- SCHOOL OPEN – EXAMS RUNNING - Engineers have inspected the building and determined only superficial damage. School and exams will resume as scheduled tomorrow. As it is Tuesday, Years 9 & 10 will start at 10am. NCEA exams will run again as scheduled. Thank you for all your patience and understanding.
- SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS ON TODAY : UPDATE #4 - SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS UPDATE: Scholarship exams are NOT ON today. This has been recently updated by NZQA. Do NOT go into any other building. Please let any others know. NO EXAMS ARE BEING HELD. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/news/ncea-and-new-zealand-scholarships/
- EARTHQUAKE UPDATE # 2 : SCHOOL CLOSED - The Ministry of Education has advised that all Wellington schools in the CBD are to be closed today. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/86417602/earthquake-schools-universities-closed We will keep you updated in regards to the NCEA exams that were supposed to be occurring today. Please do not phone the school as the systems are all overloaded. Please email email@example.com if you need […]
- EARTHQUAKE UPDATE #1 - WHS buildings have been checked outside and seem to be ok. We will be conducting more thorough checks at first light. Please keep an eye on the website, Facebook page and Twitter feed for updated information. If you are sitting NCEA exams, we are waiting for more information about a national response to this event. […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4, W4) - IMPORTANT DATES 3 November : Whakanuia 4 November : Last Day for Seniors 7 November : Senior Prizegiving 9 November : NCEA Exams begin 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses 13 December : […]
- Sportsperson of the Year Awards - Last night four Wellington High School students were nominated for College Sport Wellington Sportsperson of the Year in their sports. We are very proud of their achievements and their nominations. Lawrence and Qona were named Sportsperson of the Year in their categories. Lawrence was chosen in the U19 New Zealand Development Volleyball team. Qona was […]