Our International Department is looking for host families for students from around the world.
WHS junior boys futsal team are playing for 1st place in Division 2 at 4pm at the ASB Sport Centre in Kilbirnie today. Get down there and support..
GirlGuiding New Zealand is asking selected schools for their help to invite female students to sign up for an exciting new panel opportunity..
One of our students had their bike stolen yesterday from WHS. If you have any information please contact the school on 04 3858911 or the police…
‘House Of Sound Music Academy’ is proud to present ‘Bright Lights’ Kapiti Coast Music Competition to be held on the 28th Of November at The Lindale..
If you know of someone who is intending on coming to WHS next year, who is in our school zone, please encourage them to get their enrolment forms..
Day two of national exams for 2015. The timetable for all exams is below. Don’t forget your exam slips!
New Zealand’s Big Backyard Butterfly Count Aim: To raise awareness of New Zealand’s native butterflies, their numbers and spread. When: Any..
Week Four Wrap Up is online now!
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (W5/T4) - The first full week of NZQA exams have been completed. Students, please don’t forget to bring your exam slips as they are required to enter the exam. The timetable for exams can be found here. Year 9 and Year 10 students will be going off timetable in Weeks 7 & 8 for our annual […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W4) -
- Prize Giving – Term 4 2015 -
- Senior Prizegiving Awards - Senior Prizegiving 2015 was a wonderful celebration of the achievements of the Senior Students. The Senior Prizegiving 2015 Award Winners document is full list of awards and winners for you to download and keep. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W3) - Week 3 was the final week of school for Seniors before study leave and exams. You can read more about the last day in this Wrap Up. Senior Prizegiving is tonight, 6pm in the Riley Centre. While you are visiting the school, you can have a look at the Senior Art portfolio exhibition. In this […]
- Art Department Exhibition 2015 -
- Gateway Programme - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST 2016 GATEWAY provides long-term structured workplace learning for senior students and is funded by the Tertiary Education Commission. Students will ideally attend their work placement for one day per week, for a MINIMUM of 11 weeks. Students must also commit to completing extra industry based unit standards. If you are interested, you will need to […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W2) - We are rapidly heading to the end of the year for our Senior Students and there are lots of things happening around the school. Music Evening for Term 4 showcased the diverse musical talent of our students. Some of the photos from the night can be found here. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for important […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W1) - Term 4 is a very short one for Seniors (before exams) and a busy one for all. This Weekly Wrap Up includes important dates for you to take note of. There is also the information about Junior Exams and, of course, student news.
- Junior Exam Information - Year 9 and Year 10 students will be sitting end of year exams in November. You can find out all the information about schedule, general structure of the exams and what to study in the following links: Junior Exams Year 9 Junior Exams Year 10 If you have any questions, please contact the relevant subject […]
- Room changes for junior classes to accommodate NZQA examinations - Please click on the link below to find out about room changes for Junior classes to accommodate NZQA/NCEA Examinations Room Changes Nzqa For Examinations 2015 (Updated 13/10/2015).
- So Many Congratulations - The last two weeks have seen a lot of successes by both staff and students. We are celebrating this below.
- Senior Ball 2015 - The Hunter Lounge was the venue for the Senior Ball 2015. Here is just a small selection of the photos available on photgrapher Neil Mackenzie’s Facebook Page Album 1 Album 2 Album 3 Album 4 Album 5 Album 6
- FUNDRAISER – QUIZ NIGHT - Join us for a fun quiz evening to fundraise for the WHS Classics and Art History trip to Europe 2016. Where? Gasworks, 11 Tauhinu Rd, Miramar When? Sunday 27th of September at 6.30pm Teams maximum of eight and $10 a head. R.S.V.P by 23rd September to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W7&W8) - We kick off this wrap up with a past student success story that made it to the Dominion Post. Former student Luke Pratley is heading to University College London to study towards a PhD as part of a team that is resea rching new ways of processing images of space, as collected by radio telescopes. Read more about […]
- Library Lunchtime Talk – Refugee Quota - Thursday 10 September 2015 will see the Library hosting another lunchtime talk. This time, Murdoch Stephens with speak about the campaign to double New Zealand’s refugee quota. The campaign is called Doing Our Bit. You can read more about it and Mr Stephen’s story here.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W6) - Week 6 concluded with another hugely successful NIWA Science Fair with all WHS taking away top prizes. You can read more about the teams success here. Huge congratulations to Jack, Tess, Callum, Daisy, Ruby, James and Shakked for the outstanding results.
- WHS Success at Science Fair - Wellington High again took out many of the senior prizes at the NIWA Science Fair. On the Technology side Daisy Abraham and Ruby Medlicott won prizes for their Kiwi Custard – a lactose-free custard designed for the Asian market. Callum Davidson and James Matheson won prizes for their ‘Renewable Energy from Recycled Parts’ – a […]
- Business is Booming for Anya - Anya Bukholt-Payne is a Year 11 Business Studies student here at WHS. As part of an assessment she designed, planned and carried out a business venture called LittleAngel. LittleAngel sells handmade baby mobiles that are based on the educational philosophies of Rudolf Steiner. Colourful ‘angels’ which are made from recycled silk, are suspended from gold thread. This allows them to […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W5) - Week 5 saw all seniors involved in internal exams and so the school had a very industrious vibe all week. We are halfway through the term already and there are some dates that you need to be aware of: 28 August SCHOOL CLOSED for Mid-Term Break 31 August – 4 September Tournament Week 16 September Learning […]