More good news about WHS students! This time Lola Graham-Wiggins showing off her barista skills.
Our wonderful school showcased by Luke Roeven and Stuff.co.nz.
WHS Netball game times are below Senior A v St Caths 2 at 8.20am Ct 3 – ASB Senior B v Newlands at 8.20am Ct 1 – ASB Junior A v St Marys 12 at..
Inter-tukutahi food drive for Wellington City Mission is going well. As you can see Kelly & Riley are ahead! Howell & Royal…you’ve still got..
Best of luck to Luke Roeven, Marcella Klap, Elianta Jaillet & Ruby Hudson who are competing at the CSW Swimming Champs tomorrow!
No Principals play tonight along with the Kirsten McKenzie Trio, at Meow, Edward Street, 7.30 to 9.30 pm The Kirsten McKenzie Trio with some..
POSTPONED to 29 JUNE 2016….. Wig Wednesday and we will be fundraising for Child Cancer Foundation. Wear a wig and bring your gold coins. Student..
Fundraiser in Memory of WHS Teacher Anne Grimmer: When: Tuesday the 21st of June from 7.30 to 9.30 pm Where: MEOW in Edward Street Central Wellington..
CAREERS EXPO! Year 12 and 13 students are expected to be outside TSB arena at 9.55am TOMORROW to have their name marked off with entry from 10am…
As from Monday 20 June 2016, the Route 713 service will be altered to provide a more direct route from Miramar to the Basin Reserve schools…
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W6) - Important Dates 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment (see below for timetable change) 17 June : Careers Expo for Year 12 & 13 22 June : Wig Wednesday 24 June : Learning Profiles published to portal 4 July : Parent Teacher interviews (Year 11,12 & 13 only) 6 July : Music Evening 8 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2,W5) - Board Election Dates Extended The Board of Trustees election has been extended until 10 June 2016 in order to compensate for the delays caused by traditional postage. You can ensure your vote is cast by sending it in with your student to be delivered to the ballot box on Level 5. If you have any […]
- Board Election Extended - Board Election Dates Extended The Board of Trustees election has been extended until 10 June 2016 in order to compensate for the delays caused by traditional postage. You can ensure your vote is cast by sending it in with your student to be delivered to the ballot box on Level 5. If you have any […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W4) - Important Dates 31 May : Change of Timetable 3 June : Teacher Only Day 3 June : Voting Closes for Board of Trustees election 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment 17 June : Careers Expo 6 July : Music Evening Public Health Information Measles preparedness As you may […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W3) - Important Dates 25 May : Voting opens for Board of Trustees election 3 June : Teacher Only Day 3 June : Voting Closes for Board of Trustees election 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment 17 June : Careers Expo 6 July : Music Evening
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W2) - Change of Timetable We are hosting local Primary and Intermediate Year 8 students for workshops in the next couple of weeks as they look to enrol at WHS for 2017. We have changed the timetable slightly to ensure that class time for is not negatively affected. Things to note: Classes will start at 8.45am and […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W1) - Term 2 has kicked off very smoothly. We welcome four new staff members; Eric Tan (Science), Claire Neiman (Ag/Hort), Kit Brooks (Maths) and Carey Clements (Archivist) and we are still welcoming new students from all year levels & their families to our school . Parent Portal logins have been emailed to new families. If you […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W11) - Important Dates 2 May : First day of Term 2 6 May : Nominations Open for Board of Trustee Election 16 – 20 May : Shakespeare Society Production 24 May: Altered timetable for contributing schools visit 31 May : Altered timetable for SWIS Visit 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 7 June : Year 11 Drama […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W10) - Wellington High School has managed to squeeze a lot into the second to last week of Term 1. IMPORTANT DATES 11 April : JUNIOR Parent/Teacher Evening 12 April : Year 10 Touch Tournament. […]
- Island Bay Bus #726 Change - From Monday 11th April 2016, the #726 will will depart Island Bay – Reef Street stop at 7.55am. This change means that the timing for all stops will change to be 10 minutes earlier than current. New trip times will show on www.metlink.org.nz and electronic information boards from Thursday 14th April 2016.
- Junior Dance - Wellington High School’s Ball Committee is organising a Junior Dance to provide a social event for Year 9 and 10 students and to raise money for the senior ball this year. The dance will be held on the Friday 8th April in the Riley Centre. Tickets are $8 and there will also be the opportunity […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W7) - Baristas at Learning Conversations – 24 March 2016 Our student Baristas will be in the foyer doing hot drinks from 10.30am. Only $3.50! Snapper Top Up The school cafe is no longer offering snapper top ups. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Congratulations Rebecca Heath, who works in Base One, is now a NZ representative for the Special […]
- Board of Trustees Newsletter & Elections - The Board of Trustees newsletter for the start of Term One, 2016 is now available. Board Of Trustees Newsletter is an update on what has been happening at WHS from a Board perspective. With the triennial elections for Trustees, the Board is keen to get the school community thinking about standing for this very important role […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W6) - Learning Conversations & Important Dates Don’t forget to book your Learning Conversation. An email was sent out to all parents on 8 March 2016, with full information about this and with the booking code. If you haven’t received this, please check that the email hasn’t been filtered into spam or contact email@example.com 24 March : […]
- Evacuation – ALL CLEAR - Just before lunchtime Wellington High School, along with a number of other schools around the country, received another automated bomb threat. As students were all in class, the procedure for in class evacuation was enacted and the police were called. The police gave the all clear, students were dismissed from the evacuation collection point for […]
- MEDIA RELEASE: Gender Neutral Toilets - MEDIA RELEASE Gender Neutral Toilets
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W5) - We are coming up to half way through Term 1 already and the school is humming along busily. Important Dates On Monday 7 March, we are holding a SOLO curriculum information evening for junior school families. Your invitation should have arrived in the post. We look forward to seeing you here. On 24 March we […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W4) - Week four at WHS has flown past with everyone settled in and working hard. Monday night saw Year 9 whanau attend a meet the teachers and information evening . This was a valuable evening and was very well attended. Junior students also sat their PATs on Monday and Tuesday. Next week, the second round of […]
- Year 9 Camp Photos 2016 -
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W3) - Our first full week at school and it is a very busy campus. BUSES Route 726 has been delivering students late on a regular basis due to a number of factors. There are changes pending for this bus route (early leaving time) however this is still many weeks away. The Island Bay end of day bus […]