Find out what we’ve been up to during the second week of 2016
WHS Students Alice Maley-McNamara, Gabe Parkin, Isabel Corfiatis, Maya Symmans de Vere Green, Sol Maxwell and William Robinson are performing..
After this afternoons little rock and rolling earthquake, we thought we should remind our families of the earthquake procedures for WHS. You..
We are at the end of week one already! There are important dates to be taking note of, so make sure you have a read.
School specific buses are running as below: 726 8.05am Island Bay to Wellington High School 729 3.30pm Wellington High School to Island Bay 719..
School photos are coming up in Week Two (Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 February). Students will be sent home with envelopes for ordering on Thursday..
We welcome all 1200+ students back to Wellington High School today with a (very) full school assembly.
If you have misplaced your sports sign up sheet, you can find another one here
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W2) - Emergency Plan Reminder We started our week with a little bit of an earthquake. It was a timely reminder to all families to review the procedures. There is more information here http://www.whs.school.nz/earthquake-resilience/
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W1) - The Weekly Wrap up contains all the goings on around the school from the previous week and also gives you some upcoming events to diary as well. You can also keep up to date with us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whswellington/ and Twitter. Term & Important Term 1 Dates Term dates for 2016 can be found here and the […]
- Start of Year 2016 - Here are the start times and days for students for 2016 Monday 1 February – Year 9 only 8.45am for a 9am powhiri at our marae. Whanau, caregivers, parents are all welcome. Map is here Wellington High School Marae and the pin labeled “Hill Lane” marks where the powhiri will take place. Tuesday 2 February – Students in Years 10-13 […]
- Year 9s trip to Scorching Bay is going ahead! - The trip is going ahead today (9/12). See you there at 10am!
- Weekly Wrap Up (W5/T4) - The first full week of NZQA exams have been completed. Students, please don’t forget to bring your exam slips as they are required to enter the exam. The timetable for exams can be found here. Year 9 and Year 10 students will be going off timetable in Weeks 7 & 8 for our annual […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W4) -
- Prize Giving – Term 4 2015 -
- Senior Prizegiving Awards - Senior Prizegiving 2015 was a wonderful celebration of the achievements of the Senior Students. The Senior Prizegiving 2015 Award Winners document is full list of awards and winners for you to download and keep. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W3) - Week 3 was the final week of school for Seniors before study leave and exams. You can read more about the last day in this Wrap Up. Senior Prizegiving is tonight, 6pm in the Riley Centre. While you are visiting the school, you can have a look at the Senior Art portfolio exhibition. In this […]
- Art Department Exhibition 2015 -
- Gateway Programme - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST 2016 GATEWAY provides long-term structured workplace learning for senior students and is funded by the Tertiary Education Commission. Students will ideally attend their work placement for one day per week, for a MINIMUM of 11 weeks. Students must also commit to completing extra industry based unit standards. If you are interested, you will need to […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W2) - We are rapidly heading to the end of the year for our Senior Students and there are lots of things happening around the school. Music Evening for Term 4 showcased the diverse musical talent of our students. Some of the photos from the night can be found here. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for important […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T4/W1) - Term 4 is a very short one for Seniors (before exams) and a busy one for all. This Weekly Wrap Up includes important dates for you to take note of. There is also the information about Junior Exams and, of course, student news.
- Junior Exam Information - Year 9 and Year 10 students will be sitting end of year exams in November. You can find out all the information about schedule, general structure of the exams and what to study in the following links: Junior Exams Year 9 Junior Exams Year 10 If you have any questions, please contact the relevant subject […]
- Room changes for junior classes to accommodate NZQA examinations - Please click on the link below to find out about room changes for Junior classes to accommodate NZQA/NCEA Examinations Room Changes Nzqa For Examinations 2015 (Updated 13/10/2015).
- So Many Congratulations - The last two weeks have seen a lot of successes by both staff and students. We are celebrating this below.
- Senior Ball 2015 - The Hunter Lounge was the venue for the Senior Ball 2015. Here is just a small selection of the photos available on photgrapher Neil Mackenzie’s Facebook Page Album 1 Album 2 Album 3 Album 4 Album 5 Album 6
- FUNDRAISER – QUIZ NIGHT - Join us for a fun quiz evening to fundraise for the WHS Classics and Art History trip to Europe 2016. Where? Gasworks, 11 Tauhinu Rd, Miramar When? Sunday 27th of September at 6.30pm Teams maximum of eight and $10 a head. R.S.V.P by 23rd September to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W7&W8) - We kick off this wrap up with a past student success story that made it to the Dominion Post. Former student Luke Pratley is heading to University College London to study towards a PhD as part of a team that is resea rching new ways of processing images of space, as collected by radio telescopes. Read more about […]
- Library Lunchtime Talk – Refugee Quota - Thursday 10 September 2015 will see the Library hosting another lunchtime talk. This time, Murdoch Stephens with speak about the campaign to double New Zealand’s refugee quota. The campaign is called Doing Our Bit. You can read more about it and Mr Stephen’s story here.