Check out this awesome animation explaining the new “cyberbullying” legislation which went into law last night: https://www.canva.com/design/DABVZpJhyb4/JFHWni1B4ypBWhvIdhYdog/view
The blank canvas exhibition is running again this year. The exhibition will held in the gallery, term 3 week 1. All artwork featured in the exhibition..
Donations currently being sought for our end of term FLEA MARKET. Proceeds from sales go to Wellington Rape Crisis and Women Refugee Commission!..
Web Rangers is at Welly High on Wednesday in the Riley Centre. Web Rangers is a programme for teenagers to think of creative ways to get the..
There will be an extra parent teacher evening at the start of Term 3 due to the huge demand at the one held earlier in the year. Dates and booking..
Careers Expo for senior students will be on Monday. Students have received instructions by email to get their name marked off at 9.45am at the..
Local photographer and WHS parent, Sandy Connon, has joined forces with the school to raise money for Nepal. Book your family portrait with her..
Each week we will be doing a wrap up of the events from the week before. Keep an eye out for them each week.
It’s sports and cultural photos tomorrow. Find out when you need to be at the gallery for yours.
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- School Practice Exam Timetable – Week 5 Term 3 - Practice exams for NCEA externals at the end of the year will be run in week 5 of term 3 (Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August). There will be no classes for students in years 11 to 13 during this week. If a student has an exam clash they should contact Mr Killalea as […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W10) -
- Nepal Fundraiser – Family Portrait Offer - Local photographer and WHS parent, Sandy Connon, has joined forces with the school to raise money for Nepal. Book your family portrait with her now and support this very important cause.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W9) - With two weeks left in the term, Week 9 picked up the pace and saw a lot happening around the school.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W8) - Week 8 at WHS was busy in all areas of the school.
- Open Evening Itinerary 2016 - 6pm Riley Centre Mihi Whakatau Te Whānau A Taraika Board Chair Dr Ganesh Nana Principal Nigel Hanton Year 9s Zuni Preece and Thomas Hackett 6.25 Tour of Wellington High School Your guides will take you around our school according to aprescribed route. If there’s a learning area you’re desperate to see, please let your guide […]
- Sports and Cultural Photos 2015 - 2015 SPORT AND CULTURAL PHOTOS Tuesday 23rd June 9.45am onwards in the Old Gym Students need to be in the Old Gym at the stated Report Time All students need to bring their Sports Uniform Click here for the Sports and Cultural photos 2015 Timetable
- Outward Bound Scholarship Awarded - Outward Bound, located in the Marlborough Sounds, helps you reach your full potential through challenge in the outdoors. Our classrooms are the mountains, bush and waterways of this special part of New Zealand. We welcome people of all ages, cultures, abilities and backgrounds to our school at Anakiwa. Year 13 WHS student, Hunter Connon, has […]
- Update from Nepal Orphanage - WHS has a strong connection to an orphanage in Nepal. This is an email update that teacher Bharat Pancha received over the weekend regarding how they are faring after the earthquake. Dear Bharat, Good luck for the music evening. From your donation so far we gave 80 sets of T-shirts and half pants for 80 […]
- Geography Trip to Rotorua - Senior Geography went to Rotorua last week to investigate the spatial and temporal patterns of tourism in Rotorua. They took part in a range of tourist activites and spent time interviewing the locals about issues related to tourism. Lots of fun had by all!
- Nepal 2015 - Some photos of WHS Annual Student trip to Nepal. Please keep an eye out for upcoming fundraising events that the school will be holding to help the community we are involved with after the earthquake.
- Japan 2015 – Trip Report - Twelve students and two teachers spent the Easter holidays and the first week of Term 2 in Japan. The first two weeks were spent visiting Tokyo, Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Kyoto and Osaka where students saw some amazing things and participated in some unique experiences from the Amazing Race in Tokyo, to decorating boxes with gold leaf in […]
- Culinary Silver Medalists - Under intense scrutiny from industry judges Tiana Wakefield and Luca Scognamiglio (with Tinei Taiaoga in stand in supporting role) produced four entrees and mains (in 90 mins) at the recent NZ Secondary Schools Culinary Competition. They showed considerable poise, skill and teamwork and came away with a silver medal.
- NZ Linguistics Olympiad - This year, for the first time, the New Zealand Linguistics Society is holding a New Zealand Linguistics Olympiad. In the Olympiad, students use language data to solve logic problems. No knowledge of the language is needed and the problems can be in languages from Estonian to Elder Futhark Runes. WHS student Anna Liu, Year 9, […]
- Wellington High School Shakespeare Society 2015 Presents… -
- Kapa Haka at Commemoration - WHS Kapa Haka were proud ambassadors for the school at the recent Anzac commemorations. Their smart new uniforms and stirring performance drew lots of comments.
- Judo Gold! - Qona Christie picked up three medals, including two golds, at the Oceania judo championships in Noumea. She won gold in the cadet women’s under-52kg and also won a team gold. Fantastic result, Qona. Congratulations!
- Scouts & Guides at WHS - Wellington High School proudly hosted both Scouts and Guides overnight before the dawn service for the 100th commemoration of the landing at Gallipoli.
- Gold for Kathleen - Year 10 student Kathleen Rose and her NZ Junior Women’s team have won gold in the in the Oceania Inline Hockey Championships. Kathleen is Lead Goalie and the team took out all 5 games they played to win at the championships held recently. Congratulations on a fantastic result, Kathleen!
- Road Closures for the Wellington Anzac Street Parade - On Friday 24 April (the day before Anzac Day) the Wellington Anzac Street Parade will mean a series of road closures, changes to bus stops, bus timetables and the removal of parking in the affected streets. Road closures will be in place in the CBD between 11am and 3pm on the 24th. The route along […]