All the staff at Wellington High School will be taking a well earned rest on Tuesday 29th due to a scheduled power cut for substation maintenance…
Student Job Search is a service created to help students find jobs and gain experience. Their services are free to students who are enrolled..
Have a look at some of the Senior Ball photos from Saturday night at the Hunter Lounge. http://www.whs.school.nz/weeklyhighs/senior-ball-2015/
HakaTv is live streaming Ngā Manu Kōrero 2015 National Speech Competition! This year marks 50 years since the establishment of the Māori secondary..
Join us for a fun quiz evening to fundraise for the WHS Classics and Art History trip to Europe 2016. Where? Gasworks, 11 Tauhinu Rd, Miramar..
Catch up on the latest news and events at WHS.
Year 13 Drama production is currently on in the Riley Centre. 7pm Wednesday & Thursday night. Don’t miss out
Scoffee- a scone and a coffee (or hot choc) for $5 for sale at Learning Conversations tomorrow from the student baristas in the foyer – 8am to..
Please note: The WHS Cafeteria is closed today due to staff illness. Juniors will be allowed to get lunch from Jack’s Bakery (Taranaki St) and..
Scholarship opportunity through Rotary Club of Wellington North.
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Senior Ball 2015 - The Hunter Lounge was the venue for the Senior Ball 2015. Here is just a small selection of the photos available on photgrapher Neil Mackenzie’s Facebook Page Album 1 Album 2 Album 3 Album 4 Album 5 Album 6
- FUNDRAISER – QUIZ NIGHT - Join us for a fun quiz evening to fundraise for the WHS Classics and Art History trip to Europe 2016. Where? Gasworks, 11 Tauhinu Rd, Miramar When? Sunday 27th of September at 6.30pm Teams maximum of eight and $10 a head. R.S.V.P by 23rd September to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W7&W8) - We kick off this wrap up with a past student success story that made it to the Dominion Post. Former student Luke Pratley is heading to University College London to study towards a PhD as part of a team that is resea rching new ways of processing images of space, as collected by radio telescopes. Read more about […]
- Library Lunchtime Talk – Refugee Quota - Thursday 10 September 2015 will see the Library hosting another lunchtime talk. This time, Murdoch Stephens with speak about the campaign to double New Zealand’s refugee quota. The campaign is called Doing Our Bit. You can read more about it and Mr Stephen’s story here.
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W6) - Week 6 concluded with another hugely successful NIWA Science Fair with all WHS taking away top prizes. You can read more about the teams success here. Huge congratulations to Jack, Tess, Callum, Daisy, Ruby, James and Shakked for the outstanding results.
- WHS Success at Science Fair - Wellington High again took out many of the senior prizes at the NIWA Science Fair. On the Technology side Daisy Abraham and Ruby Medlicott won prizes for their Kiwi Custard – a lactose-free custard designed for the Asian market. Callum Davidson and James Matheson won prizes for their ‘Renewable Energy from Recycled Parts’ – a […]
- Business is Booming for Anya - Anya Bukholt-Payne is a Year 11 Business Studies student here at WHS. As part of an assessment she designed, planned and carried out a business venture called LittleAngel. LittleAngel sells handmade baby mobiles that are based on the educational philosophies of Rudolf Steiner. Colourful ‘angels’ which are made from recycled silk, are suspended from gold thread. This allows them to […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W5) - Week 5 saw all seniors involved in internal exams and so the school had a very industrious vibe all week. We are halfway through the term already and there are some dates that you need to be aware of: 28 August SCHOOL CLOSED for Mid-Term Break 31 August – 4 September Tournament Week 16 September Learning […]
- WIN! For Senior A Netball - A big CONGRATULATIONS to our Senior A Netball team for winning their College 1 Netball Grade on Saturday 22 August. It was a very close match but WHS pulled away in the 4th quarter to beat Wellington Girls 32-24. The team played so well, kept to the game plan and have the result to show for it. Well […]
- Support WHS Netball This Weekend - Last weekend of the Wellington season and we have 5 teams playing! Please come along and support them, as it is amazing what a bit of support can do for team morale and performance. WHS Senior A’s won their nail biting semi final so are playing in the Grand Final for 1st place. Senior B, Senior […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W4) - Week Four was a little quieter on the lunchtime activities front with the exception of the Year 9 Ropu Challenge on Wednesday. See below for photos and details. The senior school was winding up into internal exam week which starts in Week 5. The timetable can be found here. Here are some dates that should […]
- WHS Netball Draw for this Weekend - We have 5 out of 7 teams in the semi finals this weekend! If you can spare an hour or two to pop down and support them, the players and coaches would really appreciate it. Netball draw for 15.08.15
- Future Focus & Course Planning for 2016 - WHERE: WHS Main Block DATE: 24 August 2015 TIME: 3:45pm-5:45pm To help your student make smart course choices for 2016, Wellington High School will be running a Future Focus Evening on the 24th August. To ensure you get access to the information you need, each Learning Area will be allocated a room over two […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W3) - Thursday of week three saw lots of action at lunchtime with three events happening at the same time; guest speakers in the library, trade fair in the foyer and a well-being event in the hall. Our sports teams have also been busy. You can find out all about sports news here. Ball tickets for the 2015 […]
- WHS Sports News - WHS Sport has lots of variety and so you will find results and information about Disc Ultimate, lunch time sporting competition, target shooting and underwater hockey. A special mention needs to be made of WHS netball, however. WHS Senior A Netball is at the top of the table. There are also several other teams who […]
- Special Education Forum Invite - Special Education continues to be a major priority for the Ministry and we’re currently looking at what improvements we can make. We’re holding extra forums from mid August to 4 September – mainly for parents but others are also welcome. Invitation Special Education Update Special Education Update Pre Reading
- Health Advisory - We have received the attached health advisory regarding the influenza virus that is affecting the Wellington region. It has a lot of great information about keeping yourself and your family healthy. Influenza facts
- WHS Senior Ball 2015 Tickets on Sale NOW -
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W2) - Outdoor Education Year 11 Outdoor Education took to the Jumbo Circuit in the Tararua Ranges with Simon Russell and Natalie Bell. They woke to lots of snow at Powell Hut so the days walk became a day playing in the snow. TedX Sample Event Wellington High School Library was the venue for a very […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3/W1) - Fulbright Scholarship “Life Changing” Michael Harcourt has returned to WHS after two terms in New York where he was investigating what it means to be culturally responsive and how ethnic identity shapes the learning that occurs in history and social studies. Food & Fashion Trip #5 – Update by Dominic Killalea The Food and Fashion […]