Term Three is off to a cracking start. The Weekly Wrap Up has lots of important dates and a huge range of WHS whanau success. Enjoy!
See Wellington High School students feature in this web series which starts next week on 3NOW/Sticky TV. The series was filmed at WHS in the..
The latest edition of Fresh Avocado is up! Check out the wonderful writing from WHS students.
We are looking for volunteers to help us with Reader/Writer duties for our upcoming school exams. See the attached for more information.
Rising star, Nova Waretini-Hewson (Year 9) is starring in Chronesthesia – alongside Julian Dennison (Hunt for the Wilderpeople) in the International..
Blank Canvas 2016 is coming up.
Don’t forget that Wellington High School office is closed from 9 July for two weeks for the holidays. We reopen on 25 July.
A former Wellington High School student has helped unearth a Holocaust-era escape tunnel, hand-dug buy Jews trying to escape a Nazi death camp…
Author Saradha Koirala is a former WHS teacher. Her new YA novel, about a high school rock band will feature our very own rock band, Vertigo..
Update from Russia where the NZ team is competing in the International Young Physicists’ competition. WHS student Jack Tregidga is in that team..
Website Notices and Weekly Highs
- Weekly Wrap Up (T3, W1) - Important Dates 1 August : Parent Teacher interviews (Year 9 & 10 only) 3 August : Sports & Clubs Photos 19 – 25 August : School Exams for Seniors 22 August : Board of Trustees Meeting 26 August : Mid-Term Break (SCHOOL CLOSED) 29 August : Future Focus for Senior Students and families 14 September : […]
- Reader/Writer Volunteers Needed - Some students who receive Special Assessment Conditions (SAC) are approved by NZQA to have someone read or write for them. This enables them to perform to their full potential in exams. We have over 60 senior students who receive SAC. The school receives no funding to employ reader writers. NZQA pays for reader/writers for externals […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W9) - Important Dates 4 July : Parent Teacher interviews (Year 11,12 & 13 only) 6 July : Music Evening 8 July : Last day of Term 2 25 July : First day of Term 3 27 – 29 July : Blank Canvas Exhibition 1 August : Parent Teacher interviews (Year 9 & 10 only) 19 – 25 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W8) - Senior Parent Teacher Evening All level progress reports are up on the portal. You will notice that on the progress report, there is a column where teachers can indicate whether they need to meet with you. We are holding a Senior School (year 11 – 13) parent teacher evening on Monday 4 July 2016. You […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2, W6) - Important Dates 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment (see below for timetable change) 17 June : Careers Expo for Year 12 & 13 22 June : Wig Wednesday 24 June : Learning Profiles published to portal 4 July : Parent Teacher interviews (Year 11,12 & 13 only) 6 July : Music Evening 8 […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2,W5) - Board Election Dates Extended The Board of Trustees election has been extended until 10 June 2016 in order to compensate for the delays caused by traditional postage. You can ensure your vote is cast by sending it in with your student to be delivered to the ballot box on Level 5. If you have any […]
- Board Election Extended - Board Election Dates Extended The Board of Trustees election has been extended until 10 June 2016 in order to compensate for the delays caused by traditional postage. You can ensure your vote is cast by sending it in with your student to be delivered to the ballot box on Level 5. If you have any […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W4) - Important Dates 31 May : Change of Timetable 3 June : Teacher Only Day 3 June : Voting Closes for Board of Trustees election 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment 17 June : Careers Expo 6 July : Music Evening Public Health Information Measles preparedness As you may […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W3) - Important Dates 25 May : Voting opens for Board of Trustees election 3 June : Teacher Only Day 3 June : Voting Closes for Board of Trustees election 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 13 June : Open Evening for 2017 Enrolment 17 June : Careers Expo 6 July : Music Evening
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W2) - Change of Timetable We are hosting local Primary and Intermediate Year 8 students for workshops in the next couple of weeks as they look to enrol at WHS for 2017. We have changed the timetable slightly to ensure that class time for is not negatively affected. Things to note: Classes will start at 8.45am and […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T2/W1) - Term 2 has kicked off very smoothly. We welcome four new staff members; Eric Tan (Science), Claire Neiman (Ag/Hort), Kit Brooks (Maths) and Carey Clements (Archivist) and we are still welcoming new students from all year levels & their families to our school . Parent Portal logins have been emailed to new families. If you […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W11) - Important Dates 2 May : First day of Term 2 6 May : Nominations Open for Board of Trustee Election 16 – 20 May : Shakespeare Society Production 24 May: Altered timetable for contributing schools visit 31 May : Altered timetable for SWIS Visit 6 June : Queen’s Birthday 7 June : Year 11 Drama […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W10) - Wellington High School has managed to squeeze a lot into the second to last week of Term 1. IMPORTANT DATES 11 April : JUNIOR Parent/Teacher Evening 12 April : Year 10 Touch Tournament. […]
- Island Bay Bus #726 Change - From Monday 11th April 2016, the #726 will will depart Island Bay – Reef Street stop at 7.55am. This change means that the timing for all stops will change to be 10 minutes earlier than current. New trip times will show on www.metlink.org.nz and electronic information boards from Thursday 14th April 2016.
- Junior Dance - Wellington High School’s Ball Committee is organising a Junior Dance to provide a social event for Year 9 and 10 students and to raise money for the senior ball this year. The dance will be held on the Friday 8th April in the Riley Centre. Tickets are $8 and there will also be the opportunity […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W7) - Baristas at Learning Conversations – 24 March 2016 Our student Baristas will be in the foyer doing hot drinks from 10.30am. Only $3.50! Snapper Top Up The school cafe is no longer offering snapper top ups. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Congratulations Rebecca Heath, who works in Base One, is now a NZ representative for the Special […]
- Board of Trustees Newsletter & Elections - The Board of Trustees newsletter for the start of Term One, 2016 is now available. Board Of Trustees Newsletter is an update on what has been happening at WHS from a Board perspective. With the triennial elections for Trustees, the Board is keen to get the school community thinking about standing for this very important role […]
- Weekly Wrap Up (T1/W6) - Learning Conversations & Important Dates Don’t forget to book your Learning Conversation. An email was sent out to all parents on 8 March 2016, with full information about this and with the booking code. If you haven’t received this, please check that the email hasn’t been filtered into spam or contact email@example.com 24 March : […]
- Evacuation – ALL CLEAR - Just before lunchtime Wellington High School, along with a number of other schools around the country, received another automated bomb threat. As students were all in class, the procedure for in class evacuation was enacted and the police were called. The police gave the all clear, students were dismissed from the evacuation collection point for […]
- MEDIA RELEASE: Gender Neutral Toilets - MEDIA RELEASE Gender Neutral Toilets