We are co-educational:
- Students from state coeds do better than single sex school students.
- “Girls from state co-eds do the best of the lot” (Hughes Lauder & Strathdee).
- “The average coeducational school is a happier community for both staff and pupils than the average single-sex school” (R.R Dale).
- “Coeducational high schools provide a more natural social environment to prepare adolescents for adulthood than do single-sex schools” (H.W. Marsh).
- “The causal factor of high attainment at single sex schools was a function of class and ability, not a function of single sex” (Eileen Byrne).
- Family background was the most significant factor and students from similar backgrounds at coeducational schools did as well or better.
- Coed schools are safer and happier.
- Brothers and sisters can both attend.
Caregiver involvement in a child’s schooling between ages 5-16 is a more powerful force than family background, size of family and level of parent education.
99% of our students love being here.
Our own research shows students who start here in Yr 9 do up to 15% better than those who transfer in.
We prepare students for life beyond school.
Students can choose their own school clothes.
We have real strengths in the arts and technology.
We believe whanau is important – extensive research has shown that:
- Children between 11 and 16 yrs with interested parents progressed between 15% and 17% more in reading and mathematics than others.
We offer a very broad curriculum and multiple pathways.
We value diversity and celebrate difference.
We play every secondary school sport.
We have all sorts of excellent drama and music opportunities.