- 9 November : NCEA Exams begin
- 15 November : Year 9 PE Tournament
- 17 – 18 November : Junior Exams for Year 9 & Year 10
- 5 – 9 December : Junior Short Courses
- 13 December : Year 9 Scorching Bay Trip
- 14 December : Prizegiving for Juniors (morning)
- 14 December : Last Day for Juniors
You can keep up to date with the school calendar HERE
And you can plan for next year with Term Dates 2017
Sportsperson of the Year
Four Wellington High School students were nominated for College Sport Wellington Sportsperson of the Year in their sports.
Pictured are James Matheson (floorball), Lawrence Webster (Volleyball), Gabe Laing-Aiken (Underwater Hockey) and Qona Christie (Judo). Both Lawrence and Qona won the award for their sport.
We are very proud of their achievements and their nominations.
College Sport Wellington produce a brochure called ‘NZ Honours 2016’. In this brochure we had eight students mentioned for NZ representative honours in a diverse range of sports. They are all NZ representatives at various age levels as follows:
They are all NZ representatives at various age levels as follows:
- Liberty McIntyre-Reet – U16 Diving
- Lucas Earley – U19 Floorball
- James Matheson – U19 and Open Mens Floorball
- Oliver Sundin – U19 Floorball
- Qona Christie – Oceania Champion for 2 years running in the U57kg class
- Kathleen Rose – U18 Inline Skating
- Abi Liddell – U19 Ultimate
- Gabe Laing-Aiken – U19 Underwater Hockey
As well as this list we also have the following outstanding students:
- Owen Parker-Price – represented NZ at the U17 FIFA Football World Cup in 2015
- Elise Forman – NZ athletics youth captain at the Oceania championships held in Tahiti in 2016. At these championships, Elise placed 1st in the 4 x 100m, 2nd in the 100m and 3rd in the 200m.
- Thomas Gibson – chosen for the U19 NZ Development squad in Volleyball in 2015
- Lawrence Webster – member of the U19 NZ Development squad in Volleyball in 2016