Kia ora koutou,
Welcome back to all our students for the final term of the year. Summer is not far away! This is a busy time for all of us as we move into the examination period.
There are a number of events on the calendar for the coming weeks. Please note those that are relevant to your student.
- Monday 22 October: Labour Day — School closed
- Friday 26 October: Music Evening, 7pm, Riley Centre
- Thursday 1 November: Whakanuia Prizegiving, 6pm, Taraika
- Friday 14th December: Final day of term. School closes at 12 noon.
Years 11—13 students
- Friday 2 November: Final day for Seniors. The final day for seniors is organised as follows:
- Year 11 Assembly: Lessons as normal for periods 1—4; assembly at 2.20 (period 5)
- Year 12—13: NO lessons today;
- Year 12 students come in for assembly at 10am (Riley Centre). Year 12 leave after the assembly;
- Year 13 students come in for assembly at 11am (Riley Centre), go to their BBQ (outside the prefabs) and can then leave.
- Monday 5 November: Senior Prizegiving, 6pm, Riley Centre. Invitations will be sent to prizewinners.
- Wednesday 7 November: NZQA Exams begin (See the 2018 timetable: https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/ncea-exams-and-portfolios/external/national-secondary-examinations-timetable/)
Years 9—10 students
- Friday 26th October: Deadline for Course Choices for 2019.
- Thursday 15th—Friday 16th November: Year 9 and 10 end-of-year assessments. Students only attend for the assessments. A separate letter will be sent to families.
- Monday 10th — Wednesday 12th December: Short Courses (information to follow).
- Thursday 13th December: Year 9 Picnic Day and Year 10 Rōpū Day
- Friday 14th December: Junior Prizegiving, 10am, Riley Centre. Reports will also be available online.
The school calendar can also be accessed online: http://www.whs.school.nz/whs-calendar/
We wish all our students and their whānau a productive and enjoyable term.