The process for choosing next year’s courses starts in late August/early September each year. Our course choice booklets outline:
- Course content
- The learning focus for each course
- NCEA information
- Entry recommendations
Junior Curriculum Handbook 2021
For students in Years 9 and 10 the Junior curriculum handbook provides useful information regarding the courses and taster courses available and the pathways into NCEA.
For Year 9: Course Choices for 2020
Students in Year 9 are invited to explore the options available. The timeline for making course decisions for 2020 is below. There are opportunities to discuss course choices at Learning Conversations. The deadline for choices is: Friday 25 October 2019.
The course choices planner sheet can be found on the final page of the course choices booklet.
For Years 10—12: Senior Course Choices 2020
- View / Download the PDF version: Senior Course Choices 2020 [V16, 5.9.19]
- Senior Course Choice Planning Sheets below: These should be filled in and handed to your rōpū teacher. You need to fill the choices in on the Student Portal (deadlines below). If your first choice comes up with clashes, please write these on the sheets and return them, NAMED, to your rōpū teacher.
- You can also view the booklet below:
- Monday 2 September 2019 — Future Focus Evening
- Wednesday 4 September 2019 — Portal opens to make selection
- Monday 9 September 2019 — Preliminary course decisions made via the Student Portal
- Friday 20 September 2019 — Learning Conversations Day
- Friday 29 September 2019 — Final course decisions made for 2020
If you require further information about Maths course choices in Years 11-13 please see this video.